I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Mastiff Online Community

Promote Your Page Too

Help Feed Dogs - FREE

The Animal Rescue Site

Old English Mastiff vs English Mastiff

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
sassyzena
PUPPY BREATH
PUPPY BREATH
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:50 am   Post subject:  Old English Mastiff vs English Mastiff Back to top 

Hi I was wondering what the difference between an Old English Mastiff and English Mastiff. I use to think there was no difference But now I'm startng to wonder. My vet and a few older breeders have told me that my Pearl is an Old English Mastiff thats why she looks diffrent than the other English Mastiffs. Other ones do seem to look more like an American Mastiff to me. Please look at her pics and tell me what you think. My web site is *******

edited by hankums..
Please , pm for the address.

Download Post   
MSummerford
SLINGER
SLINGER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:53 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

First of all Welcome to MOC! Secondly, your dogs are gorgeous.

Im new to the breed, but it is my understanding that OEM, EM, and Mastiff are all the same. Mastiff is the name that is recognized by the Breed Standard @ AKC.

American mastiffs are cross-breeds. Mastiff w/ Anatolian Shepards.

Warrior Goddess at Myth and Legend aka Pudgey
5/9/10

www.DelcoDog.com
Download Post   
logdog
GENTLE GIANT
GENTLE GIANT
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:54 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Mastiff, English Mastiff and Old English Mastiff are all the same breed. American Mastiff is not.

PUPPY BREATH
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:01 am   Post subject:  Re: Old English Mastiff vs English Mastiff Back to top 

Thanks! She looks different from the ones around here. She has a bigger head,